Wednesday 8 September 2010

NFRS London Championships

Saturday was the last London Championships show in Reading as next year it moves to Peterborough. I do quite like London Champs, it's normally quite busy with a lot of exhibitioners who I don't get to see much the rest of the year. This year there were 150 rats entered in varieties classes.

I'm still in shock over the results, Caledonian Orrin who got best Siamese at Lowestoft show back in July, got 1st in Siamese Adult, 1st in Shaded Challenge, 2nd in Adult Challenge, Best Novice and Reserve Best In Show. So he now has 6 stars (only 2 more and he's a champion) and I have another cup for Best Siamese on the mantlepiece.

Orrin really is lovely, he is everything that I love about bucks, he's confident and in your face but at the same time laid back and squishy. Hopefully soon one of the does will be old enough to mate him to and he can go on to sire some babies as lovely as he is.


and with his stash of rosettes

This is probably my favourite picture of him.... "it's mine.... I tell you....mine!"

Caledonain Bracken and her brother Caledonian Dornie didn't do too badly either, they came 2nd and 3rd in the Siamese class out of 8. Bracken also got 2nd in Shaded Challenge. It'll be interesting to see how all 3 of them do under some different judges.

My blue point siamese's Caledonian Connor and Halycon Yvaine did well in their class as well. Hakuna Matata Mr Vandemar had good critique, but I should have put him in Russian Blue and not Silver class, I guess it's a learning curve, atleast I know for next time.

Some of the other rats that I've breed did well too, Celeste came 2nd in Russian Blue Agouti, and Flo got 1st in Self Dumbo, Best Dumbo, 3rd in Adult Challenge and 3rd in Supreme Challenge and earnt her owner Best Juvenile, so well done Hannah.

All in all it was a good show, shame that next year it'll be so much further to travel.

About Me

My name is Lois and I have a small rattery based in Southampton, Hampshire, UK. My aim is to breed good tempered, healthy rats in Russian Blue Point Siamese, Seal Point Siamese and Black for both pet and show. I am a member of the NFRS, and tend to show my rats at NFRS shows in the south and south west. I am also a NFRS Show Secretary and a member of the NFRS Committee with the roles of Hon. Treasurer and Website and Forum Administrator. Caledonian Rats is not an NFRS stud name, but simply a name I used to identify the rats I breed. However, 'Caledonian Rattery' is an NFRS registered rattery and I hope to gain my stud name in the future.