Wednesday 8 September 2010

Bracken's babies all grown up and flown the nest

Bracken's babies have now all grown up, the girls that I'm not keeping have all left for their new homes along with one of the boys. The other two boys are here for another week, which means I get to show them at Romsey show on saturday. In total I'm keeping 3 girls and 1 of the boys.

I always try and do a photoshot for each litter between 4 and 6 weeks old. As it's summer (or atleast it should be), Bracken's kittens went to the "seaside" for their photoshot.

These are a few of my favourites




I've heard back from all of the kittens new owners and they are all settling in really well which is great to hear. I do like it when new owners keep in touch, rather than just when asked for updates.

About Me

My name is Lois and I have a small rattery based in Southampton, Hampshire, UK. My aim is to breed good tempered, healthy rats in Russian Blue Point Siamese, Seal Point Siamese and Black for both pet and show. I am a member of the NFRS, and tend to show my rats at NFRS shows in the south and south west. I am also a NFRS Show Secretary and a member of the NFRS Committee with the roles of Hon. Treasurer and Website and Forum Administrator. Caledonian Rats is not an NFRS stud name, but simply a name I used to identify the rats I breed. However, 'Caledonian Rattery' is an NFRS registered rattery and I hope to gain my stud name in the future.