Tuesday 21 September 2010

Introducing Berneray, Faray, Danna and Rona

I think I definately suffered from Keep More Kittens syndrome with this litter, as I fully intended to only keep 2 does from the litter. But Berneray was almost too good to let go, so after discussion with the person who he was going to go to, we agreed for him to stay here. Having only kept one doe from the previous litter who I intended to breed, and got lucky that she turned out so nice, I wasn't prepared to take the same risk again, so with Halcyon Yvaine as well, I now have 4 possible breeding does.

Up first, Caledonian Berneray - Black Eyed Siamese 


and the girls, Caledonian Faray, Ruby Eyed Siamese

Caledonian Danna, Black

and lastly Caledonian Rona, Russian Blue

About Me

My name is Lois and I have a small rattery based in Southampton, Hampshire, UK. My aim is to breed good tempered, healthy rats in Russian Blue Point Siamese, Seal Point Siamese and Black for both pet and show. I am a member of the NFRS, and tend to show my rats at NFRS shows in the south and south west. I am also a NFRS Show Secretary and a member of the NFRS Committee with the roles of Hon. Treasurer and Website and Forum Administrator. Caledonian Rats is not an NFRS stud name, but simply a name I used to identify the rats I breed. However, 'Caledonian Rattery' is an NFRS registered rattery and I hope to gain my stud name in the future.